Wednesday 25 November 2015

DIY Clay Pendants

So, one day, I was messing around with clay and made a little heart.

 I wanted to make this moment a memory so I baked it when I went home. 

These are the instructions on how to do it, if you've never done it before.


  1. Mold your clay: you can buy these fancy clay shapers but my own personal pref,  is hand-shaped things because it gives it a more authentic feel.
  2. Poke a hole: you can put it in the top, side, middle- wherever you want, but keep in mind it has to work as a pendant on a necklace.
  3. Bake it: you can pop it in the oven with your food if you are sure there aren't any toxic fumes but I like to be safe and bake them by themselves. Use under 130 degrees Celsius and it will bake pretty well. (if you check that you were actually using clay and not plasticine. Been there, done that.)
  4. Glaze it: You can buy expensive glaze if you want it to look REALLY pro, but clear nail varnish worked for me too. Some top coats can go dull after a while so I just top them up with an extra layer.

Last but not least, can I just PLEASE stress AGAIN, how important it is to check that your clay is oven-safe and isn't air-dry. (Again, trial and error, guys)




No comments:

Post a Comment